Today, the city of Arkadag hosted a ceremony of awarding international certificates to a number of secondary schools of Turkmenistan included in the network of UNESCO Associated Schools. Relevant certificates were awarded to:
- specialized secondary school of the city of Ashgabat No. 140 with in-depth study of foreign languages, exact and natural sciences;
- secondary school No. 19 of the Kaahka etrap of the Ahal velayat;
- specialized secondary school No. 21 with in-depth study of natural science subjects in the city of Balkanabat;
- specialized secondary school No. 26 with in-depth study of English, chemistry and biology of the city of Dashoguz;
- specialized secondary school No. 30 with in-depth study of foreign languages in the city of Turkmenabat;
- secondary school No. 24 for gifted children in the city of Mary.
The Permanent Coordinator of the United Nations in Turkmenistan, Dmitry Shlapachenko, solemnly presented certificates to the directors of these schools.
The “UNESCO Associated Schools” project started in 1953. It unites educational institutions around the world around a common goal - the promotion of peacekeeping and humanistic values, the development of a fruitful intercultural dialogue, reports the State News Agency of Turkmenistan.
Earlier, we reported that the President of Turkmenistan took part in the opening ceremony of educational institutions in the city of Arkadag.