1. The holy month of Ramadan has begun in Turkmenistan, during which Muslims observe the Oraza fast from dawn to dusk. On Thursday, the first collective prayers were held in the mosques of the country. This year, Ramadan in Turkmenistan will last until April 20. You can download the suhoor and iftar calendar for Ramadan fasting for residents of Turkmenistan on the Turkmenportal website.
2. The number of voters in the upcoming elections to the Mejlis of Turkmenistan, who are 18 years old and will vote for the first time, is 75 606 people, the CEC of Turkmenistan said in a statement. These days, preparations continue in the country for the elections of deputies of the Mejlis, members of the velayat, city and etrap halk maslahaty and Gengeshes, which are scheduled for March 26. Let us remind that the Democratic Party of Turkmenistan, the Party of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs and the Agrarian Party are participating in the elections.
3. The Federal Air Transport Agency requested proposals from Russian airlines to launch new and increase the number of existing flights to a number of destinations. In addition to Turkmenistan, Rosaviatsiya offers Russian airlines to increase the number of flights to Azerbaijan, Belarus, India, Armenia, Iran, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Türkiye, Thailand, Tajikistan, Venezuela, Cuba, Egypt and Uzbekistan. Today, Russia and Turkmenistan are connected by direct flights of two airlines. “Turkmenistan” Airlines operates regular flights from Ashgabat to Moscow and Kazan. The Russian carrier S7 Airlines flies on the route Moscow - Ashgabat - Moscow twice a week.
4. Serdar Berdimuhamedov signed the Law of Turkmenistan “On the city of Arkadag”, which determines the legal status of the city, as well as the legal, organizational and other foundations for the activities of state authorities. According to the new Law, a special legal status is established for the city of Arkadag - a city of state significance. You can fully familiarize yourself with the Law of Turkmenistan “On the city of Arkadag” in the official press.
5. The Republic of Korea plan to build the world's largest Ferris wheel without spokes - the “Seoul ring” with a height of 180 meters. The wheel will be made in the form of an annular tube, inside which cabins with panoramic windows move along rounded rails due to magnets. Inside the wheel will be located 36 cabins for 25 people. According to preliminary estimates, the capacity of the attraction will be up to 12 000 people per day.
6. The Ministry of Emergency Situations of Uzbekistan has denied false information spread on social networks about an imminent strong earthquake in the country. “Today, there is no technology in any country in the world that could predict the date or even the approximate time of an earthquake. Due to the fact that Uzbekistan is located in a seismically active zone, tremors sometimes occur. It has always been like this”, -emphasized in the department.
7. The Russian national football team played a draw with the Iranian team in a friendly match. The match was held in Tehran and ended with the score 1:1. Russian midfielder Anton Miranchuk opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 28th minute. On the 47th Iranian striker Mehdi Taremi scored a return goal - also from the 11-meter mark.
8. In the final match of the 1/4 finals of the Asian Beach Soccer Cup, the Omani team defeated the PRC with a score of 11:0. Thus, all the semi-finalists of the tournament were determined. Previously, Kuwait lost devastatingly to the reigning champions of Asia - the Japanese team (0:8), Iran beat Bahrain - 10:0, and the hosts of the tournament - the team of Thailand lost to the vice-champions of the continental championship - the UAE team - 2:4. In the semi-finals, the UAE will play Japan, while Iran will face Oman.