The international sea port in Turkmenbashi - the largest on the Caspian coast-was put into operation in May 2018. Today, the port infrastructure includes a shipbuilding and ship repair plant, a terminal for cargo and passenger ships, a terminal for containers, a General cargo terminal, a bulk cargo terminal, a repair of a ferry terminal carrying a train, an expanded polypropylene terminal.
In order to make the customs clearance procedure as comfortable as possible, the three main terminals of the port have customs warehouses:
- 14,107 square meters container terminal;
- General cargo terminal area of 20 463 square meters;
- Bulk cargo terminal with an area of 9, 201 square meters.
According to this customs procedure, goods imported into the territory of Turkmenistan can be stored under customs control for up to three years without payment of customs duties and taxes, as well as without the application of various prohibitions and restrictions of an economic nature.
Thus, it is possible to sell and ship goods stored in warehouses by road, rail and sea transport in any direction.
For comfortable use of the customs warehouse International sea port in the presence of a:
- fully equipped material, technical and technological base;
- loading and unloading platforms adjacent to warehouses;
- access control system, security and fire alarm, video surveillance (if necessary).
Storage of goods in customs warehouses is carried out using modern equipment and equipment of various European companies.
For more information about the activities of the port you can get on the website of the International seaport of Turkmenbashi.