1. In a number of districts of Ahal, Dashoguz, Lebap and Mary velayats, records of the maximum temperature of the day were broken. In some areas the temperature rose above +47°C.
2. Turkmenistan will reduce the speed of trains. Appropriate measures were taken by the leadership of “Turkmendemiryollary” due to hot weather. It is noted that in July and August the temperature of the railway track and its steel parts will be high.
3. Television of Turkmenistan stopped broadcasting local channels for 12 hours. Preventive work was carried out on the night of July 24-25. State television will resume its work today at 12 noon.
4. On August 13-14, the championship in sports dancing will be held in Turkmenistan. The competition will be organized by the Dance Sport Federation of Turkmenistan. The best dancers from all regions of the country will come to Ashgabat and compete in the categories of breakdance, hip-hop, dancehall, popping, crump, house and other styles.
5. A vacancy for a financial manager is open at “Petronas Charigali (Turkmenistan) Sdn Bhd”, based in Ashgabat. Applicants must provide full information and supporting documents on the above competencies. Questionnaires can be obtained at the Ashgabat office of the company at the address: Turkmenistan, Ashgabat, Turkmenbashi shayoly, 81 (block-B).
6. “Roskino” plans to screen Russian films in Turkmenistan in 2022. This was stated by the General Director of “Roskino” Inna Shalyto at a meeting with the head of the Ministry of Culture of Russia Olga Lyubimova. Screenings of Russian films are also planned in Belarus, Jordan, Armenia and Uzbekistan.
7. Russian President Vladimir Putin awarded the Order of Alexander Nevsky to President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev. The award was given for great merits in strengthening friendship between Uzbekistan and Russia.
8. WHO Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus has declared the monkeypox outbreak an international emergency. According to the latest WHO data, more than 16 thousand cases of infection with the disease have already been detected in 75 countries of the world.
9. The national volleyball team of Turkmenistan won two victories in the first two rounds of the Central Asian Challenge Cup. Turkmen volleyball players outplayed the teams of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan with the same score - 3:2. In the final round, the national team of Turkmenistan will play with the team of Uzbekistan.
10. An athlete from Turkmenistan Iskander Yagmyrov became the bronze medalist of the international tennis tournament, which was held at the Patrick Muratoglu Tennis Academy in France. The tournament was held among juniors and pupils of this prestigious academy aged 14 to 16 years.
11. Weightlifter from Turkmenistan Surajbek Sapayev won silver medals at the Tashkent Asian Championship among youths and juniors in the weight category up to 96 kilograms. Sapayev came second with a score of 294 kg (135 in the snatch + 159 in the clean and jerk). The victory was won by Abrorbek Marufbekov from Uzbekistan (299 kg; 136+163), the top three winners were closed by Iranian Amirhossein Sepah Ajerlu (290 kg; 135+155).