1. On January 27, Turkmenistan celebrated the Day of Defenders of the Fatherland. On this occasion, President Serdar Berdimuhamedov congratulated the servicemen and employees of the military and law enforcement agencies of the country. The head of state noted that this holiday symbolizes great trust, high respect and boundless care for military personnel and employees of military and law enforcement agencies who protect the sacred independence of their native Motherland.
2. Presentation of the new modern administrative center of Ahal velayat - the city of Arkadag was organized at Astrakhan State University. The event was held within the framework of the visit of the consul of Turkmenistan to Astrakhan Nury Golliev with the rector of ASU Konstantin Markelov.
3. Ambassador of Turkmenistan to the Russian Federation Batyr Niyazliev at a meeting with Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia Mikhail Galuzin in Moscow discussed issues of interaction between countries within the framework of international structures. During the conversation, topical issues of bilateral cooperation and interaction within the framework of international structures were discussed.
4. The President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon congratulated the President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov on the 30th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the countries. “On the occasion of this significant date in the recent history of relations between the two countries, I express my heartfelt congratulations and good wishes to you and the friendly people of Turkmenistan”, - the message of the Tajik leader says.
5. President of Turkmenistan Serdar Berdimuhamedov ordered to expand the national marine fleet. Relevant instructions were given to the Director General of the Agency for Transport and Communications under the Cabinet of Ministers Mammethan Chakiyev at the off-site meeting of the Government held in Mary on Thursday. “Having stressed that the “Balkan” Shipbuilding and Repair Plant Open Joint Stock Company is one of the main domestic shipbuilding enterprises, President Serdar Berdimuhamedov ordered to expand the national marine fleet, mastering the production of various types of ships”.
6. Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs Rashid Meredov proposed to study the issue of opening branches of foreign universities in Turkmenistan within the framework of the long-term Strategy for the International Partnership of the Turkmen Youth. In this regard, he proposed to increase cooperation in the field of education with authoritative international organizations, including the UN, OSCE, EU, CIS.
7. Turkmenistan is preparing to open joint trading houses with Uzbekistan in Ashgabat and Tashkent. Deputy Prime Minister Batyr Atdayev reported on the ongoing work in this area at a government meeting. Let us remind that during the official visit of the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev to Turkmenistan in October 2022, the parties signed an Agreement on regulating the activities of trading houses in the territories of both states.
8. Switzerland is hosting an international balloon festival with 60 balloons from 15 countries taking part. The main alpine event for aeronauts has been held in January for more than 40 years. It is believed that this month the sky is clear over the Alps. In addition to balloons of unusual shapes and colors, festival guests are also entertained by a round-the-clock show program.
9. President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin signed a federal law on the ratification of an agreement between the governments of Russia and Belarus on the mutual recognition of visas and other issues related to the entry of foreign citizens and stateless persons into the territory of the countries of the Union State. The law will come into force on February 1, 2023. The start of the agreement is possible no earlier than March 2023. This means that citizens of third countries who have a Belarusian visa will be able to freely enter Russia, and foreigners with a Russian visa can visit Belarus.
10. Elena Rybakina from Kazakhstan reached the final of the Australian Open in Melbourne. In the semi-final meeting, Rybakina defeated the two-time winner of the Australian Open and the former world number one Belarusian Victoria Azarenka. In the final, the Kazakh tennis player will meet with the fifth racket of the world, Arina Sobolenko from Belarus.
11. The oldest British newspaper The Guardian has ranked the top 10 best football players in 2022. In the first place was the 2022 world champion in the Argentina national team Lionel Messi. “PSG” and France striker Kylian Mbappe is in second place, while “Real Madrid” striker Karim Benzema rounded out the top three. “Manchester City's” Erling Haaland is in fourth place, followed by 37 years old Luka Modric (“Real Madrid”).