The draw for the final tournament of the 2020 AFC Futsal Championship, which will be held in Ashgabat from February 26 to March 8, 2020, took place on December 6 at the Olimpia Hotel. The official part of the draw was held by the Executive Director AFC Competitions Division Shin Man Gil (Korea Rep.), who first visited the Turkmenistan capital, but had already managed to get acquainted and admire its beauty. He was also impressed by the sports facilities of the Olympic Complex, where the 2020 AFC Futsal Championship matches will be held. Shin Man Gil in an interview with the Turkmenportal correspondent spoke about his impressions of the draw.
– How do you evaluate the results of the draw?
– I think that teams are quite well distributed and I think Iran and Thailand one of the powerful teams. They are in the same group, and Turkmenistan hopefully can go to the quarterfinal or semi-final of this competition. Turkmenistan has been worked very hard and I think this good moving forward for Turkmenistan as well.
– The strongest team in Thailand and Japan, right? So, how do you evaluate Turkmenistan’s in the group and in general in this competition?
– They are always good. I think as I mentioned, all the teams are equally distributed. So, it will be a very exciting competition, and no one knows who is going to win this competition.
– How do you evaluate the sports development in Turkmenistan in recent years?
– We are quite happy to come back to Turkmenistan because Turkmenistan didn’t really host many of AFC competitions, but now you are hosting our competition, and we are happy to come here. In the future, we hope to have more competitions to be played in Turkmenistan and let’s see how it goes.