The DPRK national football team suffered its first defeat in the qualifying tournament of the 2022 FIFA World Cup, losing in Ashgabat to the team of Turkmenistan – 1:3. After the game, the head coach of the guest team Yun Jong-su, answered questions from the Turkmen media. The mentor of the DPRK national team was clearly saddened by the result of the match, so the press conference with his participation was short-lived.
– What is the reason for the defeat of the DPRK national team?
– The national team of Turkmenistan played at home. We had some problems in defense, we made a lot of mistakes in this zone. And the fact that we played on the road affected the game.
– What impression did the game of the national team of Turkmenistan make on you?
– The national team of Turkmenistan played very well. She chose a more defensive tactic and was able to use moments in counterattacks. Thanks to these counterattacks and a good defense game, Turkmen football players managed to score three goals.
– Did the field somehow influence the game of your team?
– In the DPRK, we train mainly on a natural grass. There was a slight difference in the quality of the grass. Maybe this somehow affected our game. In general, we can play on any field – both artificial and natural. In preparation for the matches, we are preparing on a natural grass.
– What do you think: 3:1 in favor of Turkmenistan – the logical outcome of today's match?
– In November, we have a match against Lebanon and three games in 2020. We will diligently prepare for them.